Thursday, November 20, 2014

Currently Reading: Project Soiree by Sara Visser

"Currently Reading" is a misleading title for this post, because we've been following along at Project Soiree for over a year now.  Initially, we were attracted to her effortlessly-cool sense of style, but even more than that, Project Soiree offers a fun daily perspective of life in Chicago.


Why We Read: 

1) Sara has nailed how to show her personality through her outfits.  You will definitely get ideas for mixing casual + dressy and wear bold pieces without feeling obnoxious about it

2) Check out the recipe section because OMG.

3) You will definitely feel inspired to discover the city because the@ProjectSoiree Instagram is on point for go-to dining, coffee, etc.



We were honored to get to know Sara a little more in this interview:

1. Tell us a little bit about Project Soiree:

Project Soiree is my little space to grow, learn and celebrate my favorite things in life. It’s a continual “Project” that evolves with the twists & turns of my eventful life in Chicago while celebrating big and/or small moments “Soiree.” After 4 years I’ve grown along with Project Soiree, and it’s truly a great creative outlet.


2. Why do you love fashion?

I love fashion because it’s an extension of my personality. I really enjoy trying new trends, mixing different pieces together and taking risks with my outfits. I approach fashion as a fun and artistic way to express your mood each day.



3. Describe your personal style.

My personal style is somewhat unique with a twist of classic pieces and on-trend items. I love mixing items in my closet so it’s rare to see me in the same outfit twice.

4. A fashion rule you never break.

Honestly, I really don’t believe in fashion rules. I will always wear white after Labor Day, mix navy and black and attempt socks with open toe heels. Have fun with fashion and don’t be afraid to break the rules and try something new.

5. Suggest a must-have for this fall/winter.

The cape trend is my must-have for Fall/Winter. A cape is such a chic item to stay warm and stylish so it’s a win-win in my book.



6. If you could only have one pair of shoes for the rest of your life, what would they be?

If I could only have one pair of shoes for the rest of your life I would choose a classic pair of black heels. You can’t go wrong with black heels that go with everything.

7. Your Chicago go-to hotspot this fall and why:

My Chicago go-to hotspot this Fall is MFK in Lincoln Park for incredible seafood dishes and a cozy atmosphere.


8. Do you have any fall traditions? Any specific to Chicago?

A trip to the apple orchard for pumpkin spiced donuts and Honeycrisp apples is a must in the Fall. I also love visiting the Green City Market on Saturday mornings in Chicago for apple cider and local produce for baking up some of my favorite Fall recipes.

9. Every brunch is incomplete without ______. 

Champagne. Cheers!


You can follow Project Soiree at the links below:

Blog
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment